picture

picture

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our time at the hospital



Our Time At The Hospital


Wednesday And Thursday

October 2nd and 3rd, 2008



Brody Evan Jensen



Mommy and Baby napping

So dang handsome


He loves to hold onto his binky


Dirty diapers already!


Both of us learning how to burp


Somebody is tired

Handsome baby
Four generations picture


Wide eyed little boy


Loves his blanket






Getting ready to leave the hospital





All ready to go





Loaded up



Finally home, Uncle Evan and Brody


Alright, so I might have over done it with the picture...but what can i say, I'm a new mommy and I love my little man. We checked into the hospital Tuesday September 30th at 6:00 pm. I was dilated at a 3 and having mild to moderate contractions when I checked in, so they got the medican going to kick things up a notch and broke my water soon after I arrived. They gave me an epidural about an hour and a half after I got there, but it didn't really start working until I was dilated to a 6 since my nurse forgot to turn the pump on, so I pretty much felt EVERYTHING! but after that everything went great. I was just mostly surprised at how entirely exhausting it is to have a baby. I was completely drained of energy by the time I had Brody. So for most of our first morning Brody and I took a very well needed nap. I was also surprised at how I felt afterwards, I would honestly say that for me the recovery has been worse then the actual labor. But overall our time at the hospital was great! I had lots of friends and family come and visit us. Everyone loved little Brody and was amazed at how good of a baby he is. I actually loved being at the hospital, I didn't want to leave. I mean who doesn't like to be waited on hand and feet like that. Someone bring my medicine into me, being able to order my food and have it delivered to me, getting back massages, and pretty much anything else that I needed or wanted. My doctor didn't think that I would be able to leave Thursday due to the fever that I had when I delivered Brody, but eventually our time ran up and we checked out of the hospital around 6:45 pm Thursday October 2nd.

4 comments:

Jamie and Korbyn said...

Brody is the CUTEST & SWEETEST baby ever!!!!! He is even more adorable in person then in all these pictures! I had fun talking to you today and seeing Brody. Thanks for all the information about what to expect and stuff..im sure ill need it!

Devin & Annie said...

Congrats Alissa! You have a very beautiful baby boy! If you ever need an extra babysitter you can just give me a call!

Katie said...

I am glad you and Brody are doing well! It's great you have a blog so we can watch him grow and keep in touch. I love you!

Amy said...

I love the pic with the two of you napping. Very important for BOTH of you to get rest! I also love the pic with him yawning! Very special little man you have.

My Playlist