picture

picture

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Our trip to Idaho

Our trip to Idaho

Thursday thru Sunday

October 30th-November 2nd 2008


I absolutely LOVE this picture. Its so cute because Anya's laughing and it looks like Brody's laughing right along with her!

Our family has been wanting to go and see Anya for quiet a while, we were going to visit her during mothers week but that didn't work out. So we decided to go up to Idaho and visit her for Halloween. This was Brodys first road trip. I was really excited because I wanted Anya to be at the hospital when I had Brody but she wasn't able to because of school, so she hadn't even seen him yet other then picture. We left early Thursday and drove all day. The first night we spend in Idaho Falls at my moms cousins house. Brody actually did really good the whole way up. He really only cried when he was hungry, I'd say he sleep 90% of the time. This picture is so cute because Evan decided to fall asleep on Brody's car seat. Well Brody didn't quiet know what to think of this, he just keep stairing at Evan, probably wondering why all of a sudden he was laying on top of his legs. It was the funniest thing, it went on for a good half an hour too until he finally gave in and fell asleep himself.

Thursday night we went out to eat with my mom's cousins family at Johny Corinos in Idaho Falls. It was fun to see them since really the only time we do is when we come to see Anya at college.



We were also very excited to go to Idaho because my dads brothers family that lives in Utah came up as well to visit us. Friday night we all stayed a hotel a few minutes from Anya's apartment. It was so much fun to see our family, its probably been at least 2 years since iv seen them. Everyone loved Brody and thought that he was so cute. Saturday we all decided to go bowling, this was lots of fun because it was Brody's first time being at a bowling Ali. We even tried Brody's bowling hand out. I know he cant really bowl yet but all his first's are still exciting for mommy!


After Bowling we went out to lunch at Crego's, Its a really good pizza place in Rexburg. Again it was just really good to be around family since we don't really live that close to any. Anya fell completely in love with Brody from the first time she saw him. She couldn't get enough of him! She always wanted to hold him, it was really cute. I'm really glad that my sister enjoys being around my son. I will admit that I did have a little mommy attitude though, sometimes I just wanted to hold him and everyone was always asking for him. So my mom and Anya had to remind me that I ALWAYS get to be with him, and she never gets to see him. So I put my feelings aside and let everyone else enjoy him. I'm still just in that new mommy stage where I never want to let him go, I'm sure it will wear off eventually.

Sadly all our family had to leave Saturday. We wish that we could have spent more time with them, but it was just great to see them. After they left we just spent all day with Anya, that night we went back to my moms cousins house for an early Thanksgiving dinner. Saturday was also Brody's one month birthday! I cant believe that hes only one month old in this picture, he looks so much older to me.

Eventually like all good vacations time ran up and we had to leave on Sunday. Everyone had such an awesome time. It was so good to be able to see Anya and spend time with her, we all talk to her on the phone quiet a bit, but its just not the same. I layed Brody down on the Bed while I was packing everything up and getting everything ready. I glanced over to see how he was doing and he was looking right at me, upside down! It was so stinkin cute I just had to take a picture of it, it even looks like he has a little smile on his face!

The ride home wasn't quiet as good as the ride there. Everyone was just plain tired of being in the car. And really who wouldn't be after 10 hours!

No comments:

My Playlist