picture

picture

Friday, October 17, 2008

Tummy Time

Tummy Time
Friday
October 17th, 2008

I have always heard that its good to give your baby tummy time but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. All of my friends that have babies told me that they felt the same way but eventually they did it and their babies loved it. I had been telling my mom "I need to give Brody some tummy time", but that was always the end of it. I don't really know why I didn't want to, I think that I just felt bad for poor little Brody all little and helpless laying on him tummy with not a single thing that he could do about it. So I'm guessing that my mom just got sick of me talking about it but never doing anything about it and finally just did it herself. At first he just really didn't know what to do, the poor little guy. He had this look on his face like he didn't really know what was going on and he wasn't quiet sure if he liked it or not.

He kept looking at us out of the corner of his eye, it was the most hilarious thing to see. It was almost like he was thinking "who are you and why are you doing this to me." He laid there for a little bit, just kicking his legs around and wondering what to do. He actually did a great job at lifting his head and moving it from side to side. Hes really been doing a great job at lifting his head lately, hes getting so strong already! Especially when I burp him over my shoulder, He'll lift his head for a while and then he doesn't know what to do so he slams it back on my shoulder. But he never cries, he's a little trouper. So our little tummy time didn't last too long because once he makes up his mind that he doesn't like something he makes sure that everyone knows it. Little Mr. Started screaming and crying. Maybe we'll just stick to Wiggle Time.

1 comment:

Devin & Annie said...

As you do tummy time more and more he'll get used to it. Austin was the same way he didn't like it! Tummy time is really good to help the neck muscles become strong so they can lift there heads up and see everything when they are on their tummies. Just stick with tummy time a few times during the day and he'll get used to it!

My Playlist