picture

picture

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In the Making...

In the Making...
Tuesday and Wednesday
September 30th and October 1st, 2008

Finally at an 8!!!!!!!! It's 3 in the morning and things are moving along. Hopefully within an hour or two, we will meet Brody :)

Alissa is doing great! The epidural was wonderful for the first 2 hours then the pump shut off and no one knew it. Alissa was really starting to feel the pain and mama Arianne put her foot down, not once, but twice and finally convinced the nurse to come check her. She was at a five and pretty squirmy, trying to leave her hand prints permanently on the bed rails. The anesthesiologist was called in and when he arrived he said "Did you turn the pump off?" Of course the nurse said "no" but that was the answer to the pain!!! They got that going again and life is good!! :)

He will be here soon!!!!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

All I can say is "Thank you!!" What an amazing night (morning) You were awesome and did just a fantastic job, especially because Brody came out as a linebacker!! There are no adequate words to describe how incredible this experience was for me :) I'm so very proud of you Alissa!!

Lolli said...

Congratulations Alissa! You will feel a love for Brody like you have never felt before. He is so lucky to have a mom like you!!

Bre said...

Hey Alissa! Congratulations on your baby boy! I bet you've just got your hands full figuring out the whole mom thing, that's so crazy and so exciting! I can't wait to see pictures. I hope everything went well and is going well. I'd really like to hear from you soon when you have a few minutes! I remember it seems like just yesturday we were out on your rooftop stargazing and fantasizing about the future. haha time flys....well I'll talk to you later! Love ya, Bre

SunnyD said...

Seriously bugger deal on the epidural but I'm soooo glad they got it figured out for you.

I can't WAIT to meet little Brody. I'm sure he will be as beautiful as his mother....just in a manly way. :) Congrats sweetie and we'll take some pix soon!

Tawnya said...

Mommy you did great. thanks for letting me be apart of this amazing night and experience with you! Hes so precious!

Jamie and Korbyn said...

Your Blog is really cute...not as cute as Brody though!
i am DEFINATELY coming and visiting very soon. Ill probably stop by either tomorrow or Monday...you will have to let me know when is a good time for both of you.

momofmonkeys said...

Congrats Alissa - he is beautiful!! hugs - Stacy Ü

My Playlist