picture

picture

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas With The Jensen's

Brody's First Christmas
Thursday
December 25th, 2008

This year was defiantly one of the best Christmas's Iv ever had thanks to my little angel Brody. I have a whole new outlook on life now that I'm a mommy. I love him so so much, I cant even begin to descirbe how much I love my son! He means everything to me, he is my world and I can imagine a day without him in it. Brody is the best Christmas present I could ever hope for. He always seems to put a smile on my face no matter what mood I'm in, I even think he cry is cute! I can defiantly tell that my life is different now and that I'm a mom, other Christmas's Iv always been so excited to get presents and I was this year but I was way more excited to buy presents for Brody and see him play with them. I can also tell my life is totally different because the one thing I actually asked for was a rocking chair...haha what a mom thing to do. Christmas really is a great time to have a new baby around.

Every year Santa comes to the Jensen's, and no Evan is no longer a believe...but Santa still visits! Us kids all go upstairs together to see what Santa left for us. I cant wait until I can do Santa for Brody,I'm going to have so much fun with that. Santa did visit Brody this year, but he hasn't quiet grasped the whole idea yet. Just to give you an idea of how big Bro's getting the pajama's he's wearing are size 12 months...they are a tiny bit big but hes not even 3 months yet!

I ended up getting him the Baby Einstein Jumpeer for Christmas and I'm glad I did...I love it! I wanted to have one of his big toys set up for him in the morning so I made my dad help me set it up late Christmas Eve. I know he isn't quiet big enough to go in it, but It was still fun to have it up for him. He seemed to kind of like it, now if only he could hold himself up.

Of course I had to get him a Baby's First Christmas stocking, I filled it with some toys for him. He doesn't seem to be to interested though, he's still a little sleepy.

What a typical boy, not interested in clothes. He just wanted to get to the good stuff...the toys!

This is a daily routine for Brody and I, I guess Christmas is no exception. One outfit usually doesn't last too long. I keep having to get him bigger diapers because he has so many blow outs!

Uncle Evan bought Brody a shirt and this pair of shoes for Christmas. We found these baby converse and just couldn't resist, they are so stinkin cute! His feet are so big that Evan had to buy a size 2 for him, and there's not a whole lot of room to spair.

Brody's other bigger toy was the Rainforest Gym. He absolutely loves it! I added some other toys to it and he cant get enough of it. He really seemed to like this mirror, I love that I caught him staring at himself. Did you notice that he has yet another outfit on.

Grandpa Jensen came down and stayed with us on Christmas. It's always nice to see him since we don't get to that often. It's also nice to have family around during the Holidays. We all wished that Grandma Straley would have come and stayed with us but she doesn't like to travel so she stayed home. I'm always glad when Great Grandparents get to see Brody.

4 comments:

Taryn said...

love the picture with his reflection in the mirror! Very cute!
Christmas is sooooo fun with kids, and in a couple years it's gonna get even more fun!
I was just telling your mom today how impressed I am with your mothering skills, your such a natural!
Thanks for thinking I am going to make a great RS teacher, I need the confidence :) I am so nervous when I stand up there!

SunnyD said...

That is so stinkin' fun. The mirror picture is adorable. You are going to be a great Mom. Your heart is so big and sweet. I always felt so safe and happy when you were with my kids. They loved you.

Becci and Josh said...

How Fun!! BraeLynn's christmas was fun too, although she is scared of the sound wrapping paper makes when opening presents. I'm excited for next year when she can open her own presents (maybe)! It's fun being a mom huh! An BOY is he big! That's awesome though! Boys are suppose to be big and strong! Oh and by the way you look really good for having a baby 3 months ago.

Lynn said...

What a fun Christmas at your house. You're right, a new baby at Christmas is just perfect :) You are doing a great job being Brody's mom, it's not always easy, but so worth it!! I too am impressed with your mothering skills. You are meant to be a mom Alissa-very natural for you!!

My Playlist