picture

picture

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Introducing the bottle

Introducing the bottle
Wednesday
November 12th, 2008

Today Brody is 6 weeks old. I have been meaning to see what he would do with a bottle for a while now, I just never really got around to doing it. Its just so much easier to nurse him. I had pumped some milk about 3 weeks ago and froze it with very good intentions of using it within the next few days, but that never happened. The nurses at the hospital told me to wait until he was at least 2 weeks old to introduce to bottle to him, so I figured that Id better do it soon or else he might not want to take one at all. And that would be very bad since I have to go back to work and my mom has to be able to feed him somehow, especially since the little milk monster thinks he needs to eat about every hour! Brody did an awesome job with the bottle! At first he didn't quiet know what to do or what to think about the bottle, he keep trying to go for my boob and he had a hard time figuring out how to use the nipple. But he figured it out within a few minutes and soon enough he was suckin the milk down like a champ. Now if mommy could just figure out how to use the pump again we could keep Brody liking the bottle and Grandma happy!

5 comments:

Devin & Annie said...

You are going to love using the bottle because you will feel like you have more freedom. The first week I nursed Austin I felt like I was always feeding him.

Lynn said...

Yay, now I can feed him =)!!!!

Arianne said...

Hope he likes that BA BA!!! If we are going to be good friends, it better be his new best friend!!!!

Becci and Josh said...

Hey Alyssa, of course I remember you! Your little Brody is sooo cute!!! Yeah BraeLynn was tiny, she was 5lbs 13 ounces when she was born and she was full term! She is 7 months now and trying to crawl! It goes by so fast, so seriously, enjoy him while he is still so little. I feel like I kinda rushed BraeLynn out of her newborn stage always trying to get her to do the next great thing, and I still catch myself doing that. Sometimes when she is asleep I'll just look at her and try to take in the moment, cause even though it's only been 7 months, I have a hard time picturing her as a newborn! How is your family doing?

The Burnetts said...

Alissa-you will like having a little freedom with the bottle. Nursing is time consuming and you won't have to worry if your late or out shopping( emma said that) he can still eat. Can't wait to hold him next week!!

My Playlist