picture

picture

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grandma Great

Grandma Great
Tuesday and Wednesday
November 5th and 6th, 2008
Once we got back from our trip to Idaho my mom decided that it would be nice to go visit her mom so that she could have a chance to see Brody. Grandma Straley is 86 years old, so we wanted to make sure that she got to meet my little Brody, this was very important to me. My mom had sent picture of him to her and she thought that he was just the cutest thing, especially his Halloween pictures. She said that every time she looked at them his little pumpkin hat would make her laugh. The first night we were there we all went out to eat at Apple Bee's. As we were walking into the restaurant Great Grandma said "Its four generations", you could just tell in her voice that she was excited about it. So we had one of the hostess take a picture of all of us.


Great Grandma loved Brody's little outfits. She keep saying "I didn't even know they made outfits that are that cute so small." She especially loved his jeans, she was thrilled by the fact that he could already wear jeans and look so cute!

Since Grandma Straley is getting older, we weren't sure if she was going to want to hold Brody or not. She saw how wiggly he can get when he is awake, so she said she would if he was asleep. I was really actually surprised at how excited she was to hold him and see him and just be around him.

My mom and I like this picture because it looks like Brody's smiling.

Of course I had to get a picture in the all so famous rocking chair. I swear that chair has been there ever since I can remember. I remember sitting in it when I was a little girl, and here I am sitting in it with my little boy. Its funny how times can change so much, but memories will never so away. This picture was actually my Grandma's idea, you cant see it in this picture but I had all my baby stuff and his car seat around my feet, She was so amazed at how much stuff I had. she said that make when she had kids they didn't have half of the stuff that we have now.

I'm so glad that we were able to make it over so that she could meet Brody. The whole time we were there she would say things like "he doesn't even look like a baby, he looks like a doll hes so perfect" and "how can anything alive be so cute." Hopefully we will be able to make another trip down to Seattle soon to visit Great Grandma Straley.

1 comment:

The Burnetts said...

alissa- I loved the photo at Applebee's!! I hope you and Brody get a visit in soon with your grandma. What a treat for her. Brody is unbelievabley to cute for words. More like handsome!!!! See you soon.

My Playlist