picture

picture

Friday, November 13, 2009

Our lovely window

Our Lovely Window
Friday
November 13th, 2009
I keep trying to tell myself that this is one of those things that we will look back on years from now and laugh about. One of those things about the first house that you live in together, one of those things that EVERYONE goes through. I also try and keep in mind that this is only a rental and hopefully next year we wont be living in it and wont have to deal with its many problems anymore. Here is a picture of our oh so lovely window...(don't mind the ugly wallpaper)

So it looks pretty ghetto at first, but not too bad. Its just a ancient air conditioner complete with board and falling off tap that doesn't seem to be doing much. Oh and that tap had its fair share of dead bugs stuck on it, half of them I'm not even quiet sure what they are.

And here's our lovely cracks up close and personal.

And here's our board again. I'm not quiet sure what its purpose is. If it is meant to block the air out don't you think it would block all of the COLD air.

I try not to complain about this, I really do but come on its the middle of November and its cold out! I really can laugh about it at times though, along with the constantly flooded and outrageously stinky laundry room, the very sensitive and leaky drain in the kitchen, the touch toilet that has already overflowed once turning our hall into a poopy wading pool, the stupid one eyes cat and neighbors dog that think they always need to come and poop in our yard, there's more but Ill try to think positively. Despite how it sounds I really am grateful for somewhere to live with the two people I love more then anything.

6 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Way stay positive. And your last line said it all. Love you guys!

SunnyD said...

I love it! Leonard and I wore stocking caps, gloves and sweats in two layers to bed for a winter when I was preggo with Coleman. We still laugh to this day. GREAT memories.

Taryn said...

that's funny stuff. You are right, you will laugh about one day...however I can see how annoying it could get! You should put a countdown on when your lease runs up and you can move :)

Arianne said...

The first place dad and I lived was a fire trap! And freezing! But when we look back at it, we just laugh! Glad you have a good attitude about it!

Kim said...

I have to laugh! Seriously Justin and I laugh and laugh at all the places we have lived. But honestly it really does make you more appreciative and add some character to you;) I think in the long run it will bless you more then hurt you!

Cin said...

This post made me think of our first home we woke up at 3:00 in the morning absolutely freezing to find a snow drift in our front room from a window just like yours! cleaning that mess up still makes me laugh the shop vac exploded and to top it off our toilet froze.... i guess it makes us appreciate all things hang in there and you will laugh one day i promise...)

My Playlist