picture

picture

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Finally!!

Finally!!
Saturday
November 14th, 2009

I have to do a little explaining, Brody does not sleep in a crib he sleeps in his pak n play. He also does not sleep in his room, he sleeps in ours and most of the time he doesn't make it the whole night in his bed. Somehow he wakes up in ours. Well Stuart and I were just a little bit sick of this happening so today I cleaned Brody's room and moved his pack n play into it. I loved the sight of our room being just ours!! Also Brody does not take naps in his bed, he takes them in our bed. I decided this was going to stop and it was going to stop today! Now today Brody was being extremely clingy and a little bit difficult so after 3 attempts at taking a nap I really just didn't care anymore and stuck him in his bed (he was beyond exausted). He cried for about 2 minutes and was silent, not asleep but silent. He ended up taking an almost 3 hour nap!! I had to wake him up because It was getting too late and he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. I was soooo excited that he not only sleep for that long (the longest I can remember in a very very long time) but also in HIS OWN BED in HIS OWN ROOM!!!

3 comments:

SunnyD said...

That might be the cutest picture ever with him snuggling his animal and his bare little piggies sticking out.

My kids ALL slept in my bed and by morning, I usually have 2 or more of them in there again. I'm wierd but I like it sometimes.

Taryn said...

that's awesome! It's so fun to have them cuddle in your bed..but it's also hard on the marriage too! Plus, I finally got tough with Meg when she was 4 because I realized I was ruining her. She was scared of her own shadow (kinda still is) and she leaned on me for everything. I realized she needed some confidence. So I had to let her do something scary without me. That was putting herself to sleep in her BED. It was a hard week. It was really hard for me with the twins just recently. But it's pro's out weight it's con's most of the time! so it's worth it. HOWEVER I will say usually the next couple days won't be as easy as the first day. Then after a week it's easy again.

Devin & Annie said...

Good for you Alissa! I told you you could do it! I just have to train Austin now to keep sleeping in his own bed until 7am!

My Playlist