picture

picture

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mom, The Best Job Anyone Could ask for!


Mom, The Best Job Anyone Could ask for!
Tuesday
November 10th, 2009

It finally happened, I'm a stay at home Mom!! My last day of work was October 27th. Ever since I went back to work when Brody was 4 months old I have hated it. I didn't really mind the whole working part itself, just the fact that I always had to leave my little angle behind. It did help a ton that my Mom was the one watching him, but I still wanted it to be me. I want to thank her for everything that shes done to help me with Brody, she has been truly amazing and loves Bro Bro sooo much. Yes, I admit that the little break was nice and sometimes very needed...but I don't really know if you can consider work a break. Stuart and I had been about it for a while and realized that we could make it fine without my income. I think that it is more important for me to be able to stay home with my son then have a little extra spending money. I absolutely love staying home. It is surprisingly a lot more work then I though it would be, but so worth it. I can already tell a difference in our relationship. I am a lot calmer with him since I don't always seem to be in a rush. When hes playing I find myself getting on the ground and playing with him, not something I did a huge amount of before. I can tell that he really likes me being around too. He isn't as clingy as he used to be and is able to entertain himself A LOT better! These last two I am soooo grateful for! I have also noticed that we have become increasingly close. He still loves his Daddy, don't get me wrong but he always wants me haha. Whenever he needs to be soothed or calmed down I can do it right away, I can put him to sleep when he wont go to bed for Stuart. Its nothing against Stuart its just that our Mother baby bond is finally complete. I am so glad that we have gotten to this point but sad that it has taken so long. I truly believe that in order to be all the Mom that you can be you have to stay at home. No offence at all to the working Mothers out there, I know sometimes you just have to. And Believe me, I know its hard. But Our relationship has grown so much into pure love for each other ever since I have stayed home. I am so grateful for Stuarts job that allows me to be able to stay home!


(My work gave me flowers and my good friend Amanda the balloons and candy)

6 comments:

The Clayton Clan said...

I'm happy for you Alissa! Staying at home really is a big job but definately worth it!!!

Devin & Annie said...

That is truly a blessing for you guys! I like it now too because we can start hanging out a little bit more!

Becci and Josh said...

SOOO WORTH IT!!! IT's hard not having a whole lot of money, but if we can do it you can do it too! With my husband in school right now we just pretty much live off of my babysitting money and grants from school, and we do it just fine. We just find cheap or free entertainment!

The Burnetts said...

I'm so glad you can finally be at home with Brody. I know you always had a desire to be with him and not have to work. Well, I'm sure by now you know being home is WORK and never ending. But, so worth it!! Congrats=)

Amanda said...

Yeah!! Isn't it the HARDEST, most tiring yet, most rewarding and WONDERFUL job ever?? :) I'm glad that you get to stay with him!1

Arianne said...

I am so happy for you!! I do miss my little man though! I have to tell you that it's weird not having him at my house all the time! He will just have to visit all the time...

My Playlist