picture

picture

Monday, March 15, 2010

Headed Home

Headed Home
Monday
March 15th, 2010
Originally Brody and I were going to leave Rexburg Saturday, but we decided to stay a couple extra days. We left on Monday, which just happened to be my 21st birthday. I never imagined celebrating my 21st birthday with a 9 hour drive home, but it was actually one of the best Iv had. I got to spend the whole day with the man of my dreams and my best friend! The ride home was defiantly way better then our drive to Rexburg. It took us a little over 12 hours to get there! It was horrible, I couldn't get the brand new DVD player to work, Brody was usually screaming, we had to stop a ton...it was bad! We didn't get to Anya apartment till really late. This time I made sure to be very prepared. Binky's and sippy cups were ready, books and toys were in reach, and of course we bought a new portable DVD player. I was NOT going to go through that again. I must really have bad luck with DVD players because that one ended up not working either and we had to stop 2 hours into out trip and exchange it. So finally we got a good DVD player!! It was an answer to my prayers, he was an angel almost the whole way! He took two naps and was probably asleep for around 4 hours of the trip. And the time he was awake he was either watching a movie or just being a good little boy. I couldn't believe it!
He also loved drawing on his care bear (there weren't any boy ones left) dry erase board.

He had been such a good little boy the whole way home so we decided to stop and walk around for a little bit at some look out in Oregon. He was amazed, he thought it was so fun.
It was super windy out! We both had funky hair do's after that.
We managed to get home around 8:00. My mom had dinner ready for us and my Dad had brought home a birthday cake for me. Brody of course loved eating cake and ice cream! It turned out to be a great birthday after all.

2 comments:

The Burnetts said...

I'm so glad you and Brody had a safe and fun trip. Love you both!

Amanda said...

I don't know HOW our parents did it without portable DVD players...seriously they are the BEST!

My Playlist