picture

picture

Monday, March 22, 2010

Brody's Temporary "Bed"

Brody's Temporary "Bed"
Monday
March 22, 2010
I am really starting to regret the Idaho trip Brody and I went on. Not because it wasn't fun, we had a blast. But because it totally and completely messed up Brody's bed time. He was PERFECT before we left. I would read him a book while he drank his bottle, then put him in his pack n play (the cribs too big for my room) while he was still awake and he would fall asleep on his own every time..no crying. That was even as early as 8:00 at night. Now its a totally different story. He has completely refused to sleep in his bed. So I let him sleep with me for a few nights, just so I could get some sleep. Honestly I would be fine with him sleeping with me other then the fact that we're in a tiny twin bed, and he moves constantly all night! I am lucky if I get him to fall asleep by midnight, and that's after Iv layed with him for hours. I'm trying not to complain about it, but really...what the heck!! I miss my nights!!
Anyways, onto the story of the bed. I couldn't take it with him in my bed anymore and I am just so emotionally and physically drained I didn't even know what to do with him. So my mom took him one night and made this little "bed" for him. Its great because I have to lay with him for him to fall asleep and with this I can. He only last about half way through the night before he comes into bed with me, but hey that's half a night of rest for me! I pray this is only temporary!!

5 comments:

Arianne said...

This too shall pass!! We all go through it...

Kendal said...

oh my goodness! what a little monster. i see he has his trusty dog...to funny. oh and elvis misses brody

Kim said...

I know it is so hard especially when you are so sleep deprived, vacations and illness always mess my kids up too. I would try and just do anything to get them asleep, but in return I started bad habits... you really will have to break him into the crib thing again I know its hard to hear them cry, but it is so worth it when they are sleeping through the night and in their owns beds:) Good luck!

Devin & Annie said...

That's such a sweet picture! He'll get back in his normal routine. It's all about re-training the little guy!

The Burnetts said...

Your mom is so clever. getting some sleep is better than no sleep. He will get his routine back. Hope you can get some shut eye:)

My Playlist