picture

picture

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Little Get Away

The Oregon Coast
Sunday - Day Five
August 16th, 2009

Today was our last day on the beach, and last post I promise...what can I say, I'm a beach lover! We didn't do a huge amount in Lincoln City today, just went through some shops and got some salt water taffy, Carmel corn and a few cute toys for Brody.

Brody sleeping before we left with his puppy once again!
When we were about the hit the exit to start heading to Portland and away from the beach Stuart said it would kind of be nice to go home a different way and drive through Canon Beach and Seaside. I of course thought that was a great idea, we knew it would take quiet a bit longer but we went for it anyways. (I think we were both in denial that we were leaving the beach.) Along the way the scenery was beautiful, and there were cows everywhere!

Our first stop was at the Tillamook cheese factory. I hadn't been there in years, it was fun to go back. We didn't take a tour because we figured it would take too long but we did buy some cheese curds of course! Here's Brody tasting his first cheese curd, or as Daddy calls it squeaky cheese. He really liked it!

We drove through so many little towns I never remember seeing before. They were so cute and little and just so welcoming. There was one town in particular called Rock away beach (if i remember right) that I would love to go to some year. There was a flee market going on when we drove though, I wanted to stop so bad but once again we didn't think we would have to time to stop.

Our next stop was Canon Beach, which is an absolutely beautiful beach! I miss going there, we used to stay in Seaside every year and then just drive to Canon Beach but now we usually go to Lincoln City. I love Lincoln City too though, I wish we could stay at both!

We were getting a little hungry when we were at Canon Beach so we decided to eat. There's this really nice restaurant right off the beach that we wanted to go too. I asked to see a menu before they seated us though because it looked pretty fancy and expensive. I'm glad that I did because one plate of fish was chips was $20!! Lets just say we got out of there pretty fast. We ended up eating at Dodgers which was very good and inexpensive. Brody loves Fries. He always steals my fries no matter where we are, many that's why he weighs 38 pounds!

Our next and last beach stop was Seaside. I hadn't been there in years either and It has changed soo much. They have made it a lot nicer then it used to be. As a kid we used to always, no matter what, have to go into this toy shop that is in the little mall they have there. We brought Brody in, he thought the toys were pretty fun!

This is one of the toys we bought him in Lincoln City, I think he's still trying to figure it out.

The dreaded Washington sign :(

There is this store called Romy's in the Vancover mall which I was dieing to go to. Stuart was nice enough to drive me there and with little complaining too! Well when we got there the parking lot was pretty much empty, the mall had closed at 4:30!! I was so mad, but Stuart was even madder because we still had to drive back over to Portland to pick up a part for work. So back into Oregon we went, I guess it never crossed either of our minds that the mall would be closed earlier.


The Beautiful Washington scenery. I couldn't get a good picture of the waterfall, they were too blurry and then it was gone. I wanted to drive home on the Washington side so we could see the Twilight scenery, but we ended up on the other side. Its still pretty, but Edward hasn't been over here! By this time we we're beyond ready to be home.Brody is getting old enough to where he doesn't want to be in the car for every long. Over all he did really good though, I don't blame him at all its hard to be in a car for that long. We had a great time at the beach, we already are wanting to go back we miss it so much! We cant wait till next year!!

1 comment:

Arianne said...

I am so glad that you guys went to Cannon Beach! I think we all should go there next year. It would be a nice change. Brody looked so happy in all those pictures! I think he is already a beach lover!!!

My Playlist