picture

picture

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our Little Get Away

The Oregon Coast
Day One - Wednesday
August 12th, 2009
Every since I was little I can remember going to the beach as a family. I absolutely love the beach and always have. Some of my favorite family memories are of us at the beach. We always go with at least one other family with makes it so much fun. It hardly ever fails that the Burnett's go with us..we love spending time with the Burnett's, they are like family to us. We also love it when we can go at the same time as the Blair's, all the kids have so much fun together. I was so excited this year to not only be able to go with my parents but to also have my new little family with me as well. It was so much fun being there with Stuart and Brody. Last year when we went I was about 9 months pregnant with Brody, its crazy to look at those pictures and then see our new pictures from this year...so much can change in just one year!
(Just to warn you all, I might have gone a little over board on all the pictures, but Brody just looked so cute in too many of them!)
Stuart somehow got the idea stuck in his head that we were leaving at 4:00am..yes I said AM, haha if anyone knows me very well they know I am not a morning person. I am becoming better now that I am a mom, only because I have to though. Well we ended up waking up at 4:00, so there went his plan but we left our house at 5:20am..which is still very very early for me. Brody did really good in the morning. I took this picture not too long after he woke up, we thought it was so cute that he was stretching his leg up on all the luggage that was piled next to him.

No Brody is not driving, hes just sitting on Daddy's lap in the outlet malls parking lot. Anya freaked out when she first saw this picture, haha like we would actually let Brody drive. My parents went to Camas the night before and stayed with the Burnett's, so we meet up with them at the outlet mall and drove together the rest of the way.


Brody was sooo excited to be out of the car by the time we got there! He had had just about enough. I think he looks so cute and grown up in this picture. He looks like a little toddler, I still cant get over the fact of how fast he is growing.
The first thing we did was go out for some fish n chips and clam chowder. This is one thing I defiantly love about going to the beach, I will get it every time we eat out and never get sick of it, I'm not a big seafood fan..but when were at the beach that's all I want to eat. Brody didn't mind the clam chowder either, but didn't care too much for the fish. This is us at the beach access by the house my parents and the Burnett's rented. It was a beautiful beach but a big time pain to get to, way to many stairs!

Brody's first time on the beach. I wasn't too sure how he would like the sand but he ended up loving it right away, must of gotten that from mommy!


We of course had to bury him. We went easy on him though and just did his legs, didn't want to scare him his first time at the beach.

Of course he ended up eating a little bit, we knew that was going to happen. Everything that little boy touches sooner or later goes to his mouth. Surprisingly He didn't seem to mind it that much though.
We kind of considered this our Honeymoon too. We didn't go anywhere right after we were married so this was our little get away and honestly I loved spending it with everyone! They were great and gave us our alone time too but it was so much fun being with our family and friends.

My Dad and Husband. They already have a great relationship and I am so grateful for that. It has always been important to me that whoever I married would get alone with my family and my family would enjoy him as well.


Brody liked it, but he just ended up getting a whole bunch of sand stuck to his mouth!

My mom actually caught a picture of Stuart kissing me!! I don't know if it will ever happen again so don't get used to it. I have no idea why he is so uptight about it but he doesn't like to show affection in front of other people.

Brody playing in the sand with Uncle Evan, Erica and Emma.

3 comments:

Arianne said...

We all had so much fun! We are glad that you, Stuart and Brody could all go with us! There is nothing like the beach....My parents took Lourinda and I when we were kids, and I am glad that Brody will grow up going to the beach just like his mom!!!

Taryn said...

looks like you guys had a great time. That pic of stewart kissing you is pretty darn cute! Way to go Arianne on having a quick finger :)

Becci and Josh said...

FUN!!! That's a way fun tradition that you should keep up! Also I love Stuarts Boise state sweater! We are BIG fans!

My Playlist