picture

picture

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Brody Turns 3 Month's!!

Happy 3 Months Brody
Thursday
January 1st, 2009

Like I said in one of my other post, for New Years Eve we went to Camas to visit some friends of ours, which also meant we were there when Brody turned 3 months! I know 3 months might not be a big deal to some of you, but it is to me. My parents actually started this tradition with Anya and it hasn't stopped ever since. Whenever one of us kids turned 3 months my parents would get a little cake and celebrate, not that we could actually eat it. When I asked my parents why they started this little tradition they couldn't really explain it, they said it just happened. One day after work my Dad just brought a cake home when Anya turned 3 months. My reasoning behind this is that 3 months is kind of a little milestone. To me 6 months is a big deal, and well 3 months is half way to 6 months! Anyways, it was a lot of fun especially since we could spend it with our good friends the Burnett's. The cake was great too....too bad Brody couldn't eat it, he would have loved it!

You cant see it that great in this picture, but My mom and I love this picture because he has his finger up on his lip like hes thinking about something...it just looks really funny.


I think my son is going to take after Uncle Evan and be a pyro, he couldn't take his eyes off of the candles!

Us blowing the candles out. It was so funny how completely mesmerized he was by the flames! As soon as Dan lite them he couldn't take his eyes off of them. No matter who called his name or who tried to get his attention he wouldn't look away. Not even I couldn't break his concentration, and he usually always turns when he hears my voice.

Don't tell anyone....but I gave him a little taste of the frosting. And actually, he hated it! In fact he was moving around so much that my mom couldn't even get a picture that wasn't blurry. I guess it just didn't taste anything like Mommy's milk.

6 comments:

Devin & Annie said...

That's cute! Don't worry. I might not like his birthday cake when he turns one. Austin wasn't too sure what to do with the cake because he'd been told no for so long. But that's so much fun!

Lynn said...

I remember your family talking about this before and I think it is a neat Jensen tradition :)

Jamie and Korbyn said...

aww thats so cute i love little family traditions like that are unique and no one else has. Happy 3 months Brody!!

Becci and Josh said...

how fun! I am way excited for Brae's 1 year birthday when she can have her very own little cake! She LOVES to eat and I know she'll dig right in. Already when I am eating and she's near me, she try to grab whatever it is. She's a big eater! She doesn't like baby food, just adult food. She likes to chew, so I can't puree things for her, that have to be peices she can chew! I was sooo excited for when BraeLynn would turn 3 months, and thought 6 months would never come, and now she is 9 months!! It goes by way too fast, and even though the milestones are fun, you'll miss the really little stage, I already do!

The Burnetts said...

Glad we were there to celebrate his big 3 months. I think it is a great tradition. The cake was so GOOD!!! I guess Brody loves his mamma's milk:P

Amy said...

I love the pic of the two of you "blowing" out the candle. I can't believe 3 months have already passed. He will be walking before you know it...look out mom!

My Playlist