picture

picture

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Camping/Four Wheeling Trip

Camping/Four Wheeling Trip
Sunday
September 27th, 2009


Saturday night was FREEZING. Seriously though, it was bad. Luckily Brody sleep in between us so he stayed pretty warm. His poor little face and hands were pretty cold though. Sunday morning was very cold too. Somehow Stuart didn't think It was bad though, I'm always cold though. Both Brody and Austin were being pills during Breakfast. Devin made us pancakes and eggs and neither of them wanted much of anything to do with it. So we pretty much went driving around and found a trail first thing in the morning.
Brody did so great the whole trip (other then breakfast). I was pretty worried that he wouldn't like it because we would be bumping around a lot and get sick of being in the car. He really liked it though and he did a lot of sleeping. It seemed like ever time we went he took at least two naps. When he was awake he loved just looking out the window.

The views were beautiful!
Devin and Stuart climbing a hill...show offs.
The beginning of trail 684 or Naches Trail. It was very crowded with trees, there were a few times where I swore we were going to make it through. But we always fit through, even if it was just barley. This trail was also a very popular one with the dirt bikes. There was tons of them. It was kind of a pain because we would have to stop and move over so that they could get through. Their faces told us a few times that they thought we were a pain too, but for the most part everyone was nice about it.
This was the first crazy thing we came to on this trail. It was a crazy but really fun one to go on. It was marked under easy, and if this is really an easy on then I don't even want to know what a hard one is like! It doesn't show it that great in this picture but this is a pretty steep hill. Stuart and Devin ran up to the top to see what it was like before we went for it.
Stuart making the climb. If you look in the top right hand corner you can see Devin's Four Runner at the bottom of the hill, it kind of shows how steep it was.
I guess I didn't realize that once we went up we would also have to go down. You know when your on a roller coaster and you get butterfly's, well I had butterfly's! I was seriously scared for all of our lives at this point! (ok I'm probably over reacting, but hey it was scary). This is the best picture I got of the way down. It wasn't only the downhill that scared me but also the steep drop that was right next to us on Stuarts side. There was nothing stopping us from going over, ya pretty scary. Even Stuart got a little nervous at one point.
Once we got past the craziness it was a lot of bumpy trail and tree roots. I was pretty surprised at how much fun I had, It seemed like Annie was enjoying it too.
Devin coming up over a hill.
There were a lot of these bridges of this specific trail. They were fun to go over. Stuart wanted a picture of it because he said it is in all of his Four Wheeling magazines.
We stopped and got out for a little bit to let everyone have a break, especially the little boys who had been in they're car seats all morning and afternoon.
Austin loved throwing bark over the ledge!
Brody just liked playing with it.
Brody loves it when Daddy gets down and plays with him in the dirt. Stuart was trying to sneak up on Brody in this pictures, I'm not sure how good it worked though.
The Dawsey's, what a cute little family.
Back on the trail

We went back to camp for some lunch and went on the trail by our camp again. Devin really liked going through the mud so the boys went through it again and again and again.
There was a bane on campfires so we just improvised. We made smores on the stove. Not quiet the same, but still tasty! Austin's lovin his marshmallow.
Our little reader. Brody loves to read, this is how he keep himself entertained for part of the ride. It was funny because once in a while it would end up upside down. I told you he sleep a lot! I don't know how anyone could sleep through all that bumping and throwing around.

Stuart wanted to go on this trail because it was a historical trail. I guess it used to be a wagon trail. It is a very popular one.
The scenery was breathtaking! Reminds me of Twilight!!
Okay, so we might have gotten a little bit lost. Haha who am I kidding, we were lost. by the end of the trail, or at least were we stopped I was not feeling good at all. I think a whole days worth or bumps and my body being thrown around caught up to me and made me sick to my stomach. I had to keep my window rolled down because I thought I was going to loose it with every bump we took. We weren't sure If the trail was done or not but I couldn't take it any longer so we took a dirt road to what we thought would be out of there. Well little did we know it wasn't. We drove around for a couples hours before we finally found our way off that stupid mountain.
It was pitch dark by the time we got back to clean up camp. we got everything cleaned up pretty fast and left. We stopped at the gas station and I got some motion sickness pills (they didn't have a lot to pick from). I swear it must have worked miracles or something because I was completely out. It felt like we were only in the car for 5 minutes before Stuart woke me up and we were home. Over all We all had a great little trip. It was so much fun to be able to go somewhere with friends. We would love to go back next year. Maybe a little earlier in the year though so its warmer. Stuart is already trying to talk Devin into going back for a day trip he misses it so much, and to tell you the truth I wouldn't mind going back either.

3 comments:

Devin & Annie said...

Love your pictures! We definitley need to swap pics! That was a fun trip and I was def. ready to get home too! Can't wait for next year!

Arianne said...

Looks like that little Brody will be an out-door boy!! How fun!!
I love that picture of him with the hat on! And the one with him reading Moving Day...one of G-mas favorites!

Angie said...

Oh Stuart was in heaven on that trip...maybe he can throw away some of those magazines he has...not likely huh....I would have been so sick on a trip like that even dramamine wouldn't have helped me any. Is there a window in the back of the truck? Glad you had a fun time

My Playlist