picture

picture

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brody update

Something must be wrong!!
Wednesday
May 27th, 2009
This is what my mom and I have been saying for seriously about a month now...something must be wrong with our little Brody!! He hasn't been himself for quiet a while now. He started teething probably a month ago (I feel like a bad Mom I didn't even write it down or anything), hes been pretty cranky with that. He got his two top ones in first, both at the same time. Then the two outside ones came in on the bottom. Now two more on the top and bottom have broken through , so as you can imagine hes been a bit grumpy with that. Hes been biting everything imaginable and drooling like crazy! He just hasn't been himself at all. He usually loves his baths but he hasn't been wanting to stay in them very long at all lately. He also loves to eat...and I mean LOVES it, up until today I couldn't get him to eat anything but his baby yogurt. He also had a really bad cough and a very runny noise. I had been putting off taking him to the doctor because it just seems like every time I take him there ends up being nothing wrong. Also I figured it must just be from him teething. So I finally just decided to take him in on Tuesday. When they weighed him he had dropped down to 20 pounds, he was almost at 22 before. The Doctor said everything was fine except for him noise. He ended up having a sinus infection. I was surprised it wasn't more then that because he has such a bad cough. So we got him on some antibiotics and hopefully he'll be good to go soon.
Also watch out for a post coming soon...Hes going to start crawling anytime now!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad he should be on the mend soon! I haven't seen you, but I've been able to see Brody at the games with your mom and Anya when you're working:( I actually put him to sleep last week at a game and I could tell he did not feel good. Poor little guy was really stuffed up. Can't wait for him to crawl, start baby proofing everything!! :)

Tristy said...

It's so hard to know when to go to the doctor and when to just wait and see. I swear I started giving xmy first baby Tylenol for teething six months before he actually started teething!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad that you could find out what was wrong....! That is so hard when they're not themselves and you know something is wrong!! Good luck with the crawling!!

Brooke said...

poor guy! atleast he can get better now. It really does suck not knowing when to take them to the doctor or not. Sorry you didnt get to hold him. everyone wanted to. but next friday im headed up there until the 19th while aaron is in TX so you can see her and hold her then.

Taryn said...

oh man.. stinks to be sick! Glad you got some meds for him.

Devin & Annie said...

Poor lil' guy. I hope those antibiotics work for him.

Katie said...

Oh no! I hope he gets well soon. I'm flying out to Utah for two weeks at the end of July, and I'm trying to convince my parents to drive up to Washington with me while I'm there. If so, I'd get to see you, and meet Brody! We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed!

The Burnetts said...

I hope Brody is feeling better. Your mom said he had a sinus. It's not like Brody to be anything but happy. Hope he is back to himself ASAP! Can't wait to see him with teeth:P

My Playlist